Thursday, June 18, 2009

Two posts in one week?!

I'm slowly dusting off my blog from a long bout of blogging funk. Haven't wanted to blog for various reasons even though I have had multiple blogging posts in my head. Before I begin the task of catching you all up on the many details of my life I wanted to share what I have been studying in the Word.

2 Peter 1:3-11

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world cause by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perserverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you posess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins. Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

2 comments:

Heather said...

Loved reading more from you this week - thanks for sharing this passage - pure gold!

Trujess said...

I love Peter.

The women in my small group have been meditating on 1 Peter.

Thank you for sharing this scripture. There was def. a gentle voice nudging me as I read it saying, "Jessica...do this!"

I'm with Heather it was good hearing from you this week. I am awful with calling and keeping in touch. When you blog I feel like I'm at least semi connected to you.

By the way. On the way to work today I felt compelled to pray for you and Cari Kuhn. I don't know if it was random, but I wanted you to know that today you were prayed for.