Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Me running? Who would have thought!


I'm a runner. I'm starting to like it. Actually I'm starting to love it. I never thought I would have said that six months ago...actually I never thought I would say that three months ago. Okay who am I kidding I never thought I would say that a month ago. I started running in January to train for a 1/2 marathon in June with my dear friend Helena. I had every intention of giving up about a month into it but I have found something great about running. A challenge. It is extremely challenging for me in everyway...physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. It is really stretching me and God is teaching me a lot in the process. The word "refinement" has been shouting out at me during my runs. More about that in another post.

I started walking about 3-4 days a week. Then I started walking/jogging and now I am running about 15-20 miles a week...usually over 4-5 days per week. When I first started I felt great about doing 2-3 miles in an hour. This week I reached a personal best of running a 9.23 mile! Last week I ran 6 miles in an hour! If you would have told me a year ago that I would be able to do that and enjoy it all in the process I would have thought you were really crazy. Really crazy. But....I did and I do.

We'll see what happens in the next couple of months (or weeks). This challenge has been good for me and I'm hoping that the result of my new "hobby" isn't just physical but that my character is changing as well.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome back to blogging! I feel you on so many levels... thanks for an inspiring post!

Coupon Connections NW said...

This is great carrie! I don't think I could ever run 9 miles! YOu are amazing! way to challenge yourself and trust in the Lord in the process

Bina said...

I am so proud of you, Carrie! You inspire me in so many ways. Miss you.

Heather said...

You go girl! So glad that you are liking it.