Wednesday, June 18, 2008

WordFUL Wednesday


This post is a week late...


Last Wednesday Talia finally got her much anticipated "big-girl bed" delivered to our house. While it was so exciting for her, I couldn't help but get teary eyed as she crawled into her new bed that first night. What happened to my girl? Suddenly she is this big kid who sleeps in a big bed! I feel that these last three years have gone by in a flash and that she is growing too fast. This new bed symbolized something to me, a new season in her life. As I have been nursing Liliana in the middle of the night I have been reading through all of the journals I kept of Talia's first year.....her year of firsts. First smile, coo, laugh, giggle, roll over, crawling, words, etc. I remember nursing her in the middle of the night wondering who she would be, what her personality would be like. It has been such a blessing discovering
who God has created her to be....

she loves to sing spontaneously (especially when she prays),
she is a curious gal who is constantly asking questions~Why, Why, why?,
she loves to read and often makes up her own stories,
she is a people person who loves to smile
she is interested in other countries and asks to visit new places
she has a heart for God already and loves to learn and talk about Jesus
she is imaginative and creative
she can repeat almost anything I say instantly & remembers it

She has brought so much joy and wonder to my life I can't even put it all into words. Even though she is way past that year of "firsts", I look forward with anticipation to this next year that will be filled with a lot more firsts.

I love you Tal gal!


4 comments:

Amber Red said...

So sweet and fun!

Rachel said...

So sweet!

Trujess said...

you have such a treasure of a daughter :) My mom always says what is guaranteed in life is change. I pray that this new stage in Tal's life is even sweeter then the last for you.

Heather said...

I love it! I wish that I had kept more track of Sam and all those steps. I'm happy you have those to cherish!