Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good things come to those who wait

Tal's been sportin' big girl undies for a little over three weeks now but still had not made the leap into going #2 until yesterday. She has been very stubborn and resistant the last few months (or six) as we have been trying to encourage her, train her to go. After a fun morning filled with a neighborhood birthday party, I had Tal go potty as soon as we got home. Just as I was putting Liliana down out of her carseat and I heard the most beautiful sound...seriously I think that I heard some cheesy music in the background as Talia said loud and proud...."Mama, I went big poo poo in the potty, I did it! I did it!" Oh, glory!! We then proceeded (after cleaning up) to do a happy dance, take a picture, and call Daddy. Not sure if she went by accident, if it will happen again any time soon or not but I am pretty tickled and so is Tal. Ever since my teaching days I have tried to stay away from using food as a reward mostly because I don't want my kids growing up thinking that food is a reward--i.e. something you earn however,
that all went out the window yesterday. We celebrated Talia's new achievement by heading to Snohomish for a little ice cream (or sorbet as Tal had) after dinner. We are so proud of our big girl!
I'm going to add her voicemail to her daddy later....
"I did it Mama!"
Proud girl in the van
Lil' in the van trying to decide between her thumb & pacifier 31 flavors in Snohomish
So excited!!
Strawberry Sorbet....Tal's favorite
Yummy!!
So proud of our big girl!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Potty Day!

Trujess said...

I'm so excited for you and Tal...I def. saw the poo in the toliet :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I asked, "Is that a 'strawberry' on Liliana's ring finger?"
Ive now looked back at photos and i do believe it is!
Ive never seen it before!
looks like her eyes are changing too.
Ive gotta see ya'll soon!

Heather said...

Hallelujah!