Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad



Today would have been my Dad's 56th birthday....I'm sure he would have spent it roamin' through the swap meet searching for treasures, checking out a train or car show, fishin' or tickerin on someone's car. Maybe he would have spent it with his grand babies. I've been thinking a lot about him lately and about what a good Grampa he would have been. When Kyle and I got married he was so excited about the thought of grandkids, he even started a box full of toys just for them. While I know that God had a purpose in taking my Dad home at such an early age I sometimes can't help but let my mind wonder in the "what if's zone"....mostly because I have two beautiful daughters and I would have liked for them to have put a smile on my Dad's face. Happy Birthday Dad!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Carrie, I'm so sad that your dad never got to see your girls. But I am thankful that he will get to see them in heaven someday!