Friday, December 12, 2008

Quotes of the Week

Yesterday's random conversation at lunch....
Talia: "Mom, I like church picnics like at Grace Fellowship."
Me: "Oh (thinking what made Tal think of this?)......why do you like them?"
Talia: "Because you eat food at them, especially hot dogs....yummy!"

Tal: "Mom, who is my husband going to be?"
Me: "I don't know Tal, but I know that God knows if that is part of His plan for you."
Tal: "God will tell me when I'm older right Mom?"
Me: "Yes, Tal...when you are much older."
(I don't know why she thinks about her husband so much but this is usually a weekly conversation.)

Tal: "Mom, when is the last of the last days."
Me: "I don't know Tal, only God knows."
Tal: "Mom, I know God will tell us when it's time, right?."
Me: "Yes, Tal"

As I have mentioned before in this previous post Tal's preschool teacher will often ask the kids a question and then put their responses out for the parents to peek at while they are waiting for the kids to be finished with class. Today's question was "What gift would you give Jesus?" Tal's response was "I would give Jesus my friends." When I asked her about this on the ride home she said that she wanted to give Jesus her friends because they need to know His love. Pure joy to this Momma's heart. I pray that Tal's example would be a reminder to me to be continually lifting up those who don't have personal relationship with Jesus.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! Tal is sure learning about who Jesus is. TFS all the stories!

Heather said...

She is such the thinker!