Monday, January 12, 2009

How did that happen?

I just got done pulling a teeny tiny Barbie shoe out of Talia's nose. After some prayer and a little help from some tweezers it got unstuck just as I was on hold with the doctor's office. I thought that I only had to keep those shoes away from Lil. I guess we will be putting those away for a little while. When I became a Mom I never thought that "pulling out doll shoes from daughter's nose" would be something that I could put on my resume. I'm just glad it came out!

7 comments:

Amber said...

OH BOY!!! As traumatizing as those few moments were...this will now be a forever memory for you to look back and get a good laugh from. These are the days!

Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Oh my... That is quite the story. Good job Mommy. You could always put "detailed extraction skills" on your resume to professionalize that skill!

Trujess said...

YIKES!!! Glad Tal is ok and you are ok!!!

Abbey said...

Yeesh! Way to keep your cool... Good story for when she dating... =)

Carrie said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Heather your "detailed extraction skills" made me laugh out loud. They would definetly be better than what I had if I did put it on a resume.

I will tell you that this little experience was a great illustration of the connection between sin and shame. Talia was trying to hide her face for part of the afternoon as she was feeling ashamed of what happened. She asked me to forgive her and after we talked about all of it and I reassured her that of course I would forgive her she was back to her old self...minus playing with the teeny tiny shoes (those are mine for a while).

Rachel said...

Good times-not! Alex got a bead up her nose once. She was old enough to know better. I think she sniffed it in. We did have to head to the dr's for that one.

Anonymous said...

....reminds me of when i had to get a ladybug out of Dylans ear.....
love to you.