Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shoulda named them both joy....




I love being a mommy to my two beautiful girls. Each day is an adventure...sometimes easy and predictable and sometimes it isn't but it is all still joy and I can't imagine my life any different right now. I knew that deciding to have another baby would be a challenge for me...to trust God even more. A new life, new personality, a new person to get to know, learning new things about myself...all of it trusting that God knows how much I can handle and that He has the ability to shape me into the mother He has called me to be. Little did I know how much joy would come with motherhood. Liliana is quite the Momma's girl and has been pretty much since she stopped incubating. I can see that she is very, very slowly coming out of her early separation anxiety but still really likes to know where I am at all times and can only take being in someone else's arms for a very limited amount of time. At times it can be a little much when she only wants me. With this neediness comes a great reward however as is illustrated in the above pictures. When Liliana sees me her entire body shakes with happiness...it is adorable! Pictures cannot capture the joy that she shows. I only hope that both of my girls know how much joy they both bring me and that I'm so thankful for both of them. Such a blessed life I live!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing this - I am always encouraged to hear how much you enjoy being a mother. It reminds me to slow down and enjoy the fun little moments, because they are joyful! And how amazing is it to have another human being that excited to see you?! I love that!

Trujess said...

awww how precious...I'm always amazed what kids know even that young...she knows her mother...she knows she is safe with her mother...how special!