Thursday, September 18, 2008

First day of preschool

Talia is at her first day of preschool right now.
She was soooo excited!
This was her prayer this morning:
"Heavenly Father, please help me to listen to you today.
Please help me to listen to my teacher and
please help me to make some new friends at my school.
Thank you for my school.
In Jesus' name, Amen."
As a few of you have known I have been on the fence with the issue of preschool for a while now...going back and forth on whether she was too young, was it worth the money when I could teach her at home, could we afford it, should we put our money towards this, etc. However, I feel happy with this choice and am thankful that she gets the opportunity to go. While she is only 3 1/2, I think that it is the right decision. Talia loves to be around other children and I am finding that she thrives on it...I think preschool will be great for her! I will say though that it was a bit sad for me dropping her off as she didn't even tell me goodbye. She introduced herself to her teacher and off she went to meet some new friends. I had to have her come back so I could tell her that I love her. I can't wait to pick her up and hear all about her first day!

7 comments:

calll said...

She is so sweet and pretty ! :)

Rachel said...

So sweet. It was harder on you than on her, I see. :-) God is with her. Enjoy the time alone with Lil

Heather said...

This is a new development - where is she going? It looks like she was sooo excited! I'm sure that she'll love it!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I am so excited for you and lil but a good cry in the car afterwards with no one watching can always help :)

http://underthesheets-shhh.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

c.
i remember the pain and excitement of dropping D-man off at the christian day care i used while i was working full time when he was little.
same thing.
he sometimes would walk away without saying "see-ya, love ya".
but it also showed he had no separation anxiety, trusted that id be back for him, KNEW that i loved him and he had excitement for the day.
i betcha its similar for Tal.
rest in that.
but.....still call her back for hugs and kisses! neither of you should leave without that!...EVER!
I still make D kiss me good nite.
-and sometimes he still wants me to tuck him in....(but dont tell anyone:)
How brave and fun!
--love!

Anonymous said...

P.S.
I really like your hair short.
are you getting used to it yet?
the long to short thing is usually traumatic.....
im heading the same way as soon as i have the funds.
remind me that its gonna be okay.....
im sure ill have some laminations.