Friday, September 19, 2008

September 20th

Tomorrow marks six years since my Dad passed away of cancer. This day always holds such mixed emotions for me. I have peace knowing that he is with Jesus yet still wish that he was here. I am glad that I'll be up at LBC tomorrow..soaking in the time with my church family and being at a place that always encourages me in my walk with Christ. I miss him and wish that he was here to get to hear the giggles and squeals of his cute grandchildren. He would have loved both of them. They would have loved him right back. I miss his laugh, his stories (he was a great storyteller) and even his silly sense of humor (always the one to tell pun jokes). I rejoice in the fact that I will see him again one day and celebrate that he is no longer in pain...He is with his Savior.
His 50th birthday....two months before he passed away.
My Wedding
One of his favorite hobbies...fishing

3 comments:

Trujess said...

/hugs Carrie!

Heather said...

Carrie, thank you for sharing. I am so sorry that your dad never got to meet your two girls. I hope you are doing well and that your mom & sisters are too.

Rachel said...

Hugs here too.