Thursday, October 2, 2008

Good Ol' Fashioned Fun

Since Talia has been hit & miss with her naps lately (mostly misses) I have decided that I am tired of fighting her on this. In the last couple of weeks she has napped one time and the rest of the time I spend trying to get her to stay in her room for some quiet time. So today I thought instead of fighting this I would have her have some quiet time outside of her room for a change. What does a Mom do with a long rainy afternoon....build a tent of course. Tal and I had a picnic lunch under the tent and then we relaxed together. I didn't get any chores done but my little girl sure had a fun time. Maybe we'll try quiet time tomorrow....or maybe we'll develop a new routine of some combo of Mommy chore time/Talia quiet time. In the meantime, I'm gonna go cuddle with my gal who before I know it will be too big to fit under a homemade tent.

(*Note: the Strawberry Shortcake dress-up)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Good for you girl! Looks like fun.

Is that your old costume?

Heather said...

Brings back such good memories! Good for you taking time to make some memories with Tal!